The Tom Bean City Hall lobby is now open with the following guidelines:
- Only 1 Adult is allowed in our lobby at a time (no children).
- A mask must be worn.
- No food or drink is allowed inside.
Health Protocols for Customers Entering the Lobby of Tom Bean City Hall:
Beginning July 1, 2020; the City of Tom Bean will reopen the lobby for customer service with strict adherence to the Texas Department of State Health Services. The following guidelines will be followed to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees:
- Encouraging no-contact payments, such as paying online, ACH withdrawals and/or phone call payments with credit cards.
- Individuals will be allowed into City Hall lobby limiting the number to one (1) at a time (no children).
- Placement of visible signage will be placed in the window of City Hall door to remind individuals of the guidelines and procedures for entering the lobby and remind everyone of best hygiene practices.
- Individuals will ring the “Ring” button and speak to an employee.
- If the reasoning for entering can be handled as simply as placing the payment, or paperwork into the outside dropbox, the customer will be advised to do so.
- If the customer needs to obtain paperwork or information, then the outside door to the Lobby will be opened by staff.
- Individual will need to sanitize their hands at the hand sanitizer station located just inside the front door before appearing at the clerk’s window.
- Individual will use own personal pen for writing, or one will be provided, and they will keep the pen.
- No one will be allowed inside the City Hall Offices until further guidance is expressed by the Mayor.
- The Lobby area will be sanitized after every visitor, which will consist of wiping down the countertop, door handles, and any other area in question.
- Clerk is to wear gloves at their discretion of the type of work being handled at the window.
We are all in this together and our foremost concern is to keep our employees safe from COVID-19 and to encourage our citizens to do the same, with respect to the employees of the City of Tom Bean.
Any further guidance will be given by Mayor Sherry Howard in regard to policy and procedures related to the COVID-19 pandemic.