Planning and Zoning Commission Members:
Barry Mattingly (alternate)
The Planning & Zoning Commission meets on the first and third Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM. The public is welcome to attend.
Assist the City Council in managing orderly growth, administering development regulations, planning for transportation improvements, and promoting affordable housing opportunities in the City of Tom Bean.
- Make sure that current zoning and subdivision ordinances are being followed as closely as possible.
- To be involved in the Planning and Zoning application process, and to review plats of growth areas and subdivisions and present clear direction/checklist on how to complete requirements for the City and State of Texas.
- To adopt codes and amendments to existing ordinances to current standards.
- To adopt a comprehensive plan of growth for the City of Tom Bean.
- To review and approve applications for special exceptions to subdivisions and site plans, variances and present same to the City Council for final approval.
- The board is a recommendation arm to the City Council and approval from the board is necessary for the Council to proceed on a zoning issue.
Qualifications to Serve:
The Planning and Zoning board shall be composed of five (5) persons who shall own property within the city limits of Tom Bean and residents of the city. All vacancies occurring shall be filled by appointment by a majority vote of the Council. No member of the City Council or any other person related within the second degree by affinity or the third degree by consanguinity to a member of the City Council shall be appointed to this Commission. You may read more about this in the ordinance below.
When board vacancies are available, we encourage you to apply to serve online.