Updated May 21, 2020
For all City notices about COVID-19, please see our news page.
From the office of Sherry Howard, Mayor of Tom Bean:
As you may know, on March 16, 2020, I declared a local State of Disaster and Public Health Emergency for the City of Tom Bean. We are closely monitoring the changing situation of the coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency and complying with public health guidance.
The following actions have been taken to comply with the need for social distancing. We recognize that the actions taken are the first step and that more action may be required.
Effective Monday, May 18th, Tom Bean City Hall will be open to the public from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM M-F.
To maintain social distancing along with safeguarding the staff members:
- There is a Ring doorbell camera to the right of our front door along with a sign stating no entrance until you have rung the doorbell and spoken with a staff member, who will allow one person in the lobby at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, and we ask that you wear your mask when entering the lobby.
- After persons leave the building, the areas will be wiped down and sanitized. We are slowly transitioning back to normal but at the same time being cautious.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We miss seeing your smiling faces!
We highly encourage everyone to use the following options to pay your water bill:
- Pay by phone — the convenience fee has been waived.
- Drop box, mail or online. There is an additional box for payment by the front door.
Please call (903) 546-6321 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM M-F with any questions.
Other non-emergency needs:
We have an online form that allows residents to submit code compliance complaints, public works requests, and other non-emergency needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Municipal Court has been postponed until at least June 1 per Executive Order from the Office of Court Administration. These dates are separate from those of City Hall and Utilityt Billing. When the Court opens, the Court will be following an COVID-19 Operating Plan plan for safety. Please read more about this plan.
Walk-in payments will not be accepted at this time. However, we offer the following options to pay your fine:
- By phone: 903-546-3012
- By mail or online
Please call (903) 546-3012 or (903) 546-6321 ext.1 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM M-F with any questions.
Drive-through service starts on June 1! Read more. Our Summer Reading program is still on although we won’t be meeting in groups! Here is more information about the Summer Reading Program.